I am excited that my new blog is up, and am happy to introduce my two latest designs in my very first blog post. If you enjoy this blog post and wish to view more of my designs, please see my PATTERNS page or visit my online Ravelry Store for more details.
Iris – fern lace loop scarf
Iris came about when I wanted a simple scarf to loop twice cozily around my neck in one of my favorite colors. To add interest, I decided to embellish the scarf with a lace border in off-white. In the end, I liked the fern lace border so much that I extended it to the remainder of the scarf but in a simpler variation. Though a tad more elaborate than originally planned, the final rendition proved to be more interesting to knit. Above all, it is as beautiful as it is fun to wear.
- Yarn: DK; 475 – 485 yd (434 – 443 m); Sublime Yarns Baby Cashmere Merino Silk
- Gauge: 22 stitches = 4″ (10cm) in Stockinette stitch
- Needle size: US size 6 (4mm), 24” (60cm) circular
- Size: 51″ (130cm) circumference, 8.5″ (22cm) wide
Irene – floral lace yoke cardigan
Loving the floral lace of Cynthia and Jennifer, I have carried the floral theme into Irene. To complement the beautiful floral lace yoke, a simpler lacy stripe pattern was designed for the rest of the cardigan. Irene by far might be my most favorite pattern as I am planning to make another one with summer yarn. It’ll probably be fun to wear it to the Tulip Festival this spring to see the lovely blooms.
- Yarn: 4 ply fingering; 865 – 1560 yards (791 – 1426 m); Sandnes Garn Mini Alpakka
- Gauge: 20 stitches and 10 rows = 4″ (10cm) in lacy stripes
- Hook size: 3.5 mm (E), 3.25 mm (D)
- Sizes available: S, M, L, 1X, 2X